del.icio.us

Latest Posted Articles

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Pollack, Davidson, and Hunt

Hi. First, the latest that I've found about David Pollack of the Bengals and his upcoming neck surgery. The surgery is set for January 3rd and may or may not mean the end of his career: http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/uga/stories/2006/12/15/1215pollack.html.

Next, a sad but inspirational story about star Alabama basketball player Jermareo Davidson. In November, his brother was shot in the neck and is paralyzed and on a ventilator. Five days after that happened, as he, his girlfriend, and a friend were leaving the hospital after visiting his brother, they were in an accident and his girlfriend was killed. It sounds like he and his mom are Christians thankfully. Here's quotes from his mom and then Davidson himself:

Meanwhile, Madonna Davidson has breakdowns, too, only hers happen about every hour or so.

"I have two sons," she said, "and both of them are hurting right now."

Of Jermareo, she said, "This was supposed to be his year. He was going to graduate and go to the NBA. Nicki was going to graduate and go into sports medicine. Jermareo has a strong faith in God and that will get him through this, but I just wish sometimes I could be there with him, you know?"

Jermareo Davidson said he's going to be fine.

"I still have my moments," he said, "but I know Nicki is where she's supposed to be, with God. And I know both she and my brother would want me to keep playing basketball and keep pursuing my dreams."

Here's the article: http://www.ajc.com/uga/content/sports/stories/2006/12/15/1216davidson.html.

Lastly, a good article about the memorial service last week for the late Kansas City Chiefs owner Lamar Hunt. Here's a cute quote from his granddaughter:

Another night, Clark Hunt's daughter Grace was getting ready for bed when she asked whether football is played in heaven.

"It doesn't really matter," she said. "If there isn't football in heaven, Pappy will start his own league."

Here's the article: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2699751.

No comments: